Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an Automotive Technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles. Responsibilities include:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems.
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance. Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Please fill out the form on this page to be considered for this position.
As a General Service Technician at Gateway Automotive, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- All Maintenance work such as oil changes, tire rotations, suspension alignments, etc.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee's handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all time.
- To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
- Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill clean up or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures. Qualifications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This is an entry level position. We would prefer a high school or equivalent diploma, but this is not required.